Cheap Buildings Insurance

Buildings Insurance Basics

Buildings insurance usually needs to be in place before your mortgage lender will let you exchange contracts, due to the fact that you’re becoming legally responsible for the building. It’s important for any homeowner, and covers pretty much the whole structure of your home, like the walls, roof, floors, windows, and ceilings. Your policy is also likely to include fixtures and fittings which are built into your home, such as kitchen cabinets, bathroom fixtures, and built-in wardrobes. If any of these things are damaged or destroyed for the reasons outlined in the policy, your insurer will cover the cost of repairing or rebuilding your home.

It’s important to remember that all policies are different, so check to see what events are covered by the insurer you choose. Policies also have limits on the amount they pay out, so when you’re getting a quote, make sure you’re covered for the full rebuild cost of your home, not just the market value.

There are also optional extras you can add to your home insurance policy if you require additional cover:
Legal Assistance - This usually provides cover for legal costs & expenses up to a certain amount to support you or your family living with you, e.g. often covering damage to your home, personal injury, employment disputes or other contract issues & disputes.

Home Emergency - Offers cover and often emergency assistance for misfortunes such as unexpected failure to your electricity supply, gas supply, central heating, boiler or plumbing for example. Often in the form of immediate help, which may not be standard on some home insurance policies.

Accidental Damage To Buildings - This provides cover for accidental damage to your property for unintentional or accidental incidents e.g. damaging cables or pipes whilst hammering a nail into a wall.

Accidental Damage To Contents - This provides cover for accidental damage to your contents for unintentional or accidental incidents e.g. breaking a vase or you hang your wall mounted TV wrong and it falls and breaks.

What will I need in order to get a quote?

You won’t need any special documents or information to get a buildings insurance quote, just some basic details about your home:

Are my belongings covered too?

No, your belongings and home contents aren't automatically covered under buildings insurance. You'll need to look into a combined Building & Contents insurance policy, or Contents Only if it's more suitable for your situation.

When it comes to getting home insurance, whether it’s just the building, just your contents, or a combination of both, can help. We’ll compare over 50 home insurance providers to find you the deal you’re looking for, so that you’ve got peace of mind your home is protected. Click here to get a quote now!

Just some of the great home insurance brands included

Hastings Direct Peacock Adrian Flux Arkwright Swinton (1) One Call (1)